Pumpkin Banana Bread

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Our house was full of fall smells this morning with the pumpkin banana bread in the oven and chili cooking on the stove. I do have to admit that I love these things that remind us all of fall, but mostly it just gets me excited for Christmas! I was worried about making the pumpkin banana bread because I had never tried it before. Okay, I was a little less worried because it was a Ree Drummond recipe and that lady has literally never failed me!


I also had this cute little helper. So if it turned out bad I could always say, Reed definitely had to of put something in there that wasn't on the recipe! Just kidding. He loves to help and always does a great job for being two! Anyone else wondering how Ree and Trisha Yearwood and all the other chefs keep their areas clean? I mean, we had flour on the floor, on ourselves on the counter in our hair??


The recipe makes SO much. It can make two loaves, or if you have this pan from Pampered Chef, you can make a loaf and a bunch of mini loaves! If you don't have this pan, you NEED it. Big muffins, brownies, banana bread, etc. The possibilities are endless and for some reason my kids will eat the things I make if I use these "single serving" sizes. Find the pan here!


 Thank you Ree for not failing me once again. Ryne took a bite and said, "Mmmm, tasty!" This is huge because he is literally raised on Oscar Meyer hot dogs and Tyson dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets. He is the pickiest eater but thought these were tasty! Which means everyone should run and buy a can of pumpkin and grab those bananas no one ate!


Here's a picture of a sweet, sleeping baby. He was adding to the fall feel in our house by wearing his pumpkin pants and spiderweb moccasins!


Okay, the suspense is over! Here is the recipe! (This is my modified version. Find the original recipe here.)

Pumpkin Banana Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups All-purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 tsp pumpkin spice
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Lightly Packed Light Brown Sugar
2/3 cups Vegetable Oil
Eggs
1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
3 Ripe Mashed Bananas

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease two loaf pans (or one loaf pan & my favorite pan!) 

Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice together. In another bowl, beat sugars, oil, and eggs until combined. Add pumpkin and bananas; mix well. Stir in flour mixture.

Divide batter evenly between pans. For the Pampered Chef individual loaves pan: bake for 30 minutes. For the regular bread loaf pan: bake for 45–60 minutes, or until center is cooked all the way through.

Let cool for a few minutes and shake the bread out of the pans. Set on a wire rack and let them cool a bit longer.
Serve warm with lots of butter!


If you want to have the Philips fall special and make chili like we did, you can find Ree's recipe here. I serve it as chili and not on the Fritos, although I'm sure that would be great too. :)

Fall is here! I hope everyone is wearing their flannel pajamas, fluffy socks and has their Christmas music on! Oh, and no arguing about Christmas music..they have Egg Nog at the grocery store. :) 

xoxo
J



・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS